The PerMix PVR series Vertical Ribbon Mixers is an efficient and versatile blending machine for batch mixing of free-flowing powders, granules and pellets. PerMix Vertical Ribbon Mixers are able to give good result of mixing due to the design of an outer spiral type mixing element with an inner screw, rotating together in a conical shape trough, which provides a multidimensional movement of the materials, and a complete discharge of all the mixed material without any residue. PVR Vertical Ribbon Mixers are featured with no contamination to the product, due to the fact that the shaft sealing is above the working area, thus no contact with the product. A high speed chopper can be mounted to provide intensive mixing and/ or lump breaking. This is very useful when liquid is added to the powdery materials and generate lumps.
The construction of PerMix PVR series Vertical Ribbon Mixer is very compact: it consists of a cone vessel with the drive unit on the top and discharge valve at the bottom. In the cone vessel, there is a central tapered ribbon with small clearance from its edge to the shell, and additionally a screw mounted on the central shaft. The ribbon and the screw move the materials upward from the bottom to the top, where the materials then drop by gravity into the bottom. During this continuous operation, material particles and heat are exchanged quickly which leads to a homogeneous product. Besides, the material particles are mixed with minimal mechanical and thermal stress, which makes this type of mixer a good solution for fragile and heat sensitive product.
- Medium level of accuracy with minor component ratio up to 1:100,000
- Gentle mixing for sensitive materials without generation of heat
- Low feeding ratio required
- Full discharge with minimal residue
- Easy to clean in either dry or wet way
- High heat transfer rate, ideal for heating or cooling process of the powders
- Chopper to be installed for intensive mixing and lump breaking
- Mixing tool: We offer several types of mixing tool for different sizes and applications. They include but are not limited to: continuous ribbon, broken ribbon, pitched paddles, etc.
- Heating/Cooling jacket: Jacketed vessel for heating/cooling operation by steam, thermal oil, or water. ASME/PED certificate can be optional for high pressure operation.
- Vacuum drying & deaerating: Our mixers can be designed for vacuum drying & deaerating or for inner pressure working for special applications.
- High speed chopper: Side entry high speed chopper with rotation speed of 1,500rpm (or up to 3,000rpm) can be mounted to provide intensive mixing and/ or lump breaking.
- Spray nozzle for liquid addition: Liquid can be added into the powder by spray nozzles from the top of the mixing vessel. The necessary pump and tank can also be provided by PerMix.
- CIP spraying balls: Our mixers can be designed for CIP (Clean-in-Place) with spraying balls.
- Inspection door: Flush-fitting side inspection door with O ring can be provided for our mixers for easy inspection &maintenance while doesn’t bring dead zone for mixing.
- Construction material: We are able to offer mixers with contact part to be built by Carbon steel, 55304, SS316/316L, Titanium, Duplex stainless steel, Hastelloy, etc. For abrasive materials we offer hardened steel as the contact part, or the mixing elements to be coated with materials such as Tungsten Carbide or equivalent.