PerMix PTU series 3D Mixer or Multi Direction Powder Mixer is used for homogeneous mixing of powdery substances with different specific weights and particle sizes. Producing dry-to-wet and wet-to-wet mixtures is also possible. The production process is very hygienic and dust-free because the product is mixed in independent containers of variable sizes (for small sizes up to PTU-50). During the mixing process, the powder moves in a random direction from center to the end of the container and at the same time from top to the bottom. In such a multi-dimensional way, the PerMix 3D Mixer needs only short mixing time and relatively low power consumption. The mixer’s “Gentle” mixing action is good for final products that are sensitive to high shear of the mixer and tend to break or to reduce their particles size, or are highly abrasives.
PerMix 3D Mixer consists of a mixing drum which is rotated by two arms, and one arm (the drive arm) is driven by a motor & gearbox. The slave arm is driven to not only rotate, but also move horizontally. During the mixing operation, the product inside the drum moves in random directions from center to the end and meanwhile from top to the bottom, creating a 3D way.
PerMix PTU series 3D Mixer has the following advantages over conventional solutions:
- Free of cross contamination due to the independent drums for different batches when highly hygienic processing is required (for size PTU-50 and smaller)
- Interchangeable drums & fast changing of drums (for size PTU-50 and smaller)
- Complete discharge and easy cleaning
- Excellent homogeneity of mixing with no
- dead points
- Sizes from 5 to 300 lit. total volume
- Safety enclosure to prevent human injury
- Drums to be built in a broad variety of materials, e.g. 55304, SS316/316L, Titanium, Duplex S/5, Hastelloy, etc. Internal and external finish according to customer’s needs.
- Foods: Breakfast Cereals, Enzymes, Flavours, Herbs, Minerals, Nutraceuticals, Seasonings, Spices, Tea Mixes, Tobacco, Vitamin Mixes
- Chemicals: Agrochemicals, Ceramic Powders, Detergents, Drugs, Dyestuffs, Leather Auxiliaries, Metal Powders, Pigments, Plastic Granules, Plastic Pellets, Plastic Powders, Textile Assistants
- Pharmaceuticals: Active Agents, Biological Solids, Carcinogenic Substances, Concentrated Active Ingredients, Generics, Intermediate Products, Sterile Products, Toxic Substances