PerMix PTS series Plow Mixer is one of our two types of Turbulent Mixer, which are originally designed by our Israeli engineers. The other one is PerMix PTP series Paddle Mixer. PTS Plow Mixer is so versatile that it can handle nearly all types of materials including dry powders, granular materials, short fibered substances, moist solids with liquids, pasty materials and highly viscous masses. PerMix PTS series Plow Mixer can be used for numerous processing, including compounding, fine mixing, dispersing, suspending, emulsifying, deaerating, tempering, accelerating chemical or physical reactions, granulating, breaking down agglomerates, etc. It is particularly suited for such difficult processes as mixing trace elements in proportions of 1 in 100,000 to 1 in 1,000,000 parts.
PerMix PTS series Plow Mixer consists of a centrally mounted horizontal shaft that rotates within a cylindrical container, plough shaped mixing elements that are attached to the centrally mounted shaft, special openings at the top for feeding materials, flush fitting access doors in the front of the mixer, a flush fitting discharge valve at the bottom of the mixer which is pneumatically or manually operated, and a complete drive unit.
The mixing drum of a Plow Mixer is filled from 30% to 70% capacity, allowing space for individual particles to be dispersed within the main area of the mixer. The plough-shaped mixing elements create intense axial and radial movement causing the product to move throughout the mixing area. The shape and angle, together with the adjustment and rotation of the mixing elements and the mixing drum, cause the product to be lifted off the surface of the drum wall. The product is automatically discharged while the machine is still running so that any segregation is prevented.
The installation of PerMix High Speed Side Choppers in the basic PTS mixer enables the breaking down of agglomerates/ lumps, and also accelerates the mixing process. Together with the mixing element, the PerMix Side Chopper removes lumps in the initial product, chops pasty adhesives and hinders the formation of agglomeration during the moisturizing of powdered substances. The PerMix Side Chopper is operated independently by its own motor.
PerMix PTS Ploughshare Mixer has a wide range of applications:
- Dry powder mixing: Food flavoring/additives, Sponge/ cake mixes,
- Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Cement, Powdered rubber
- Paste mixing: Biscuit creams, dough, PVC pastes, Car body fillers/putties,
- Sugar/marzipan paste, Toiletry pastes, TIie adhesives and grouts
- Mixing of wet slurry: Filter cake re-slurrying, dough, Fiber glass resin
- dough putty
- Drying processing: Vacuum drying, Hot air drying
- Other processing: Wet granulation, Liquid coating of powders and
- granules, Fat and oil incorporation
- Continuous operation: PerMix supplies mixers for continuous work when a large capacity per hour is needed for the same material. Continuous plough mixers differ from batch plough mixers in that the mass flow of the product is from the inlet of the container to the discharge at the opposite end.
- Heating/Cooling jacket: Jacketed vessel for heating/cooling operation by steam, thermal oil, or water. ASME/PED certificate can be optional for high pressure operation.
- Feeding & Discharging: A variety of feeding & discharging methods can be selected by the customers. Discharging port can be by manual or pneumatic operation.
- Access door: Access doors can be designed for easy cleaning, inspection & maintenance.
- Spray nozzle: Liquid can be added into the powder by spray nozzles on a pipe which is installed on the top of the mixing vessel. The necessary pump and tank can also be provided by PerMix.
- Construction material: PerMix offers mixers with contact part to be built by Carbon steel, 55304, SS316/316L, Titanium, Duplex stainless steel, Hastelloy, etc. For abrasive materials we offer hardened steel as the contact part, or the mixing elements to be coated with materials such as Tungsten Carbide or equivalent.