PerMix PTPD series Jacketed Mixer Dryers are derived from PerMix PTP series Paddle Mixer by adding heating jacket, necessary components (e.g. temperature probe, dust filter), and as an option to modify the process nozzles, shaft sealing, discharge valve to be suitable for vacuum operation with external vacuum pump and condenser to provide the capability of vacuum drying while mixing. When the PTPD mixer dryer is ordered with vacuum feature, it is used as a high-speed mixer dryer, chemical reactor or, if both processes are combined, as a dryer-reactor. They are used with particular success in agglomeration-free rapid drying, heterogeneous reactions with systems of different substances, extraction, sterilisation and in general for vacuum, positive-pressure, thermal energy and the comminution of aids. With PTPD Vacuum Mixer Dryers, drying time is dramatically reduced with products free from agglomerates. PerMix Mixer Dryers are widely used in the chemical, metallurgic and pharmaceutical industries among others. Standard sizes range from 3 liters up to 20,000 litres and pressure up to 50 bar.
The considerably superior heat transfer characteristics of PerMix PTPD Mixer Dryer are mainly attributable to the fact that external heat applied through the contact surfaces of the mixing vessel and mixing element, supplemented by frictional heat generated during the mixing process. When operating at the usual speed, this accounts for 30 to 35 percent of the total heat applied. Heat transfer is not inhibited by agglomerates or layers of material adhering to the internal components of the tank. This is largely due to the comminution units and the high-speed, edge-sweeping paddle agitators, which ensure rapid circulation of the materials at the contact faces.
PerMix PTPD Mixer Dryer is used for drying operations usually operated at higher than critical speed, at any rate for fine drying after the phase change. In conjunction with the action of the rotary cutter and multichopper units, this causes a large degree offluidization of the material to be dried and thereby promotes the evaporation of the fluids. The huge rate at which evaporation is effected practically eliminates the need for the usual auxiliary processes, such as scrubbing with solvents.
For drying under vacuum, PerMix PTPD Vacuum Mixer Dryer can be filled from 50 to 75 percent. By virtue of the rapid change of material at the contact face, optimum use is made of the overall heat exchange area. The built-in rotary cutter unit ensures that the product is free from agglomerates and the grain size is so fine that, as a rule, no subsequent micronizing is required. The filter chamber connected with the vacuum dome has a mechanically or pneumatically- operated device for cleaning the filter. Additional units for the removal of vapour or recovery of solvents take account of individual user requirements
Many features and options are available with PTPD Mixer Dryer, including but not limited to:
- Interchangeable mixing elements (paddles, plows, ribbons, or combined tools)
- PerMix multichopper unit
- Different sealing arrangements (packing seals, double mechanical seal, Cinchseal, etc)
- Vacuum filter housing
- Heating jacket with electric heater, thermal oil, steam, etc
- Flush-fitting semi-ball discharge valve
- Special spraying unit for coating
- Open sidewall for cleaning purposes
- Discharge screw
- Different metal constructions (55304, SS316L, Titanium, Duplex steel, Hastelloy, etc.)
- Heated shaft
- Sampling port
- Explosive-proof construction
- Electric control (push-buttons, or PLC & HMI)
The following advantages of PerMix PTPD Jacketed Mixer Dryer makes it outstanding among the options:
- Cost savings: PerMix PTPD Mixer Dryer combines several machines together: less pipe-work, fewer control and space requirements
- Short reaction times Optimum heat transfer via large contact areas Turbulent mixing by mechanical fluidization of reaction material
- No dead areas in reactor and the discharge areas
- PerMix PTPD Mixer Dryer can be supplied with removable mixing tools.
- Easy to clean and sterilize
- Long service life through the use of optional corrosion resistant materials (Duplex Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, Nickel Alloys)