PerMix PRB series Ribbon Mixer is an efficient and versatile blending machine for mixing of dry powders, granules and viscous pastes homogeneously. It is able to give a satisfying “homogeneity grade” for mixing jobs due to the special design of a mixing agitator with dual ribbons inside of a U-shaped working trough. PerMix designs our PRB Ribbon Blenders which are able to achieve a maximum “mixing ratio” of 1: 500,000w, hich meansy ou can get the desired mixture proportion of components in as small as 1 gram with a batch of 500kg.
PerMix has designed a special feature for food application (salad mixing) with motorized tilting for discharge. The machine is built in full stainless steel construction for wash cleaning, a top lid with counterweight for easy manual opening. PerMix PRB Ribbon Mixer consists of one electrical motor, one gearbox, and a shaft with double ribbons located in a U-shaped vessel. The external & inner ribbons are designed in such a way that the powder materials are pushed to move from center to the two ends of vessel, and meanwhile from ends to the center; besides, the powder materials are lifted up along the ribbon edges but then drop due to gravity. In such a three-dimensional way, the total powder can be mixed fast in the vessel. It asks for a short mixing time and relatively low power consumption.
The shaft is sealed with stuffing box with multiple PTFE packings (sometimes with a lantern ring for air purge) at both ends. Materials are loaded from top side, and a flush fitting discharge valve is located at the bottom side in the center. The discharge height can be adjusted as per requirement, so that material gets discharged into the container below it without floating dust.
- Stub-shaft design for hygienic applications: PerMix provides the innovative Stub-shaft design to eliminate the flange/bolts that are used to connect the main shaft to the drive shaft and non-drive shaft, thus minimize the product residue between batches. The stub-shaft design can also dramatically reduce the time to disassemble the ribbon shaft out of the trough if thorough cleaning or overhaul is required.
Ribbon types:We offer different types of mixing ribbon for different applications. Standard ribbon is used to provide general blending purpose, with center discharge; Interrupted ribbon is applied for viscous material; Continuous ribbon is used for continuous operation with one side feeding and the other side discharging. For very abrasive mixing tasks, the ribbons can be designed to be bolted for easy change in case of wearing.
- Continuous operation: PerMix supplies mixers for continuous work when a large capacity per hour is needed for the same material. Continuous ribbon mixers differ from batch mixers in that the mass flow of the product is from the inlet of the container to the discharge at the opposite end.
- Heating/Cooling jacket: Jacketed trough for heating/cooling operation by steam, thermal oil, or water. ASME/PED certificate can be optional for high pressure operation.
- Liquid spray nozzles: Liquid can be added into the powder by spray nozzles on a pipe which is installed on the top of the mixing trough. The necessary pump and tank can also be provided by PerMix.
- CIP (Clean-in-place) spray balls: Optional CIP spray balls can be mounted on the PerMix mixers to make the cleaning of mixer inside easy and automatic with customer CIP cleaning station.
- Customized feeding & discharging: A variety of feeding & discharging methods can be selected by the customers. For feeding of materials, sliding cover design can be used for applications with limited height; bag dump 600 station can be mounted on the top of the 750 U-shaped trough. Safety grid can be installed to 950 prevent the possible injury to the worker. For 1,450 discharge of the products, manual, pneumatic, or 2,250 motorized operated valves can be selected 2,800 according to the customers’ preference. They are 3,900 prepared to fit into any existing production line 4,350 easily.
- Construction material: We are able to offer our mixers with contact part to be built by Carbon steel, 55304, SS316/316L, Titanium, Duplex stainless steel, Hastelloy, etc. For abrasive materials we offer hardened steel as the contact part.
- Vacuum drying & deaerating: The mixer can be designed for vacuum drying & deaerating for special applications.