PerMix PDP series Double Planetary Mixer is also called double planetary kneader, because it can be used to handle very viscous materials up to 1,500,000 cPs. Usually PerMix Double Planetary Mixer has two vertically mounted mixing tools which are driven by one gear to move around the central axe of the tank as well as their own axis. PerMix Double Planetary Mixer is so versatile that it can be used to mix, knead, stir and deaerate all types of material, including highly viscous pastes, even to granulate wet powders. Industrial pastes produced by PerMix Double Planetary Mixer include concentrated paints and varnishes, printing inks, fillers, silicone and thiocole pastes, plastisoles, plastic coatings, synthetic lubricating greases and many other materials.
In the mixing process, two vertically mounted mixing tools are driven by the same drive unit thus the the same drive shaft to rotate around a common sun gear and meanwhile they rotate at a higher speed around their own axes, which is according to the planetary principle. At the bottom of the the mixing tools there are detachable scrapers in usually PTFE materials to scrape the materials on the tank bottom. A swinging type scraper which is mounted at the side of the two mixing tools continually sweeps the inside wall, transporting material from the walls of the vessel to the mixing tools, and transferring the heat efficiently.
- The standard finger-blade mixing tools are designed to work in an overlapping way, thus create strong axial and radial motions in the mix-product, as well as a highly intensive shearing and dispersing effect. Within a short time, the material is thoroughly mixed and even very difficult formulas may be obtained.
- A quick vessel locking device connects the mixing vessel to the mixer. Because the vessel is mounted on fixed and swivel wheels, it is very easy to transport.
- The standard version of PerMix PDP Double Planetary Mixer features dual mixing tools shafts running in heavy duty ball bearings. Both mixing tools and scrapers can be supplied with a special bayonet locking system for easy disassembly.
- The upper head of the machine is lifted by manual, mechanical or hydraulic elevating systems, depending on the size of the machine. Sometimes it can also be designed with the tank to be lifted from the bottom by pneumatic or hydraulic arrangements.
- Electrical TEFC single speed motors/ gearboxes are the standard drive units supplied with PerMix PDP Double Planetary Mixer. Ex-proof design motors are also available. Among the many options available for special applications are: infinity variable speeds, hydraulic drive units, heating/cooling jacket, vacuum/pressurized operation, etc.