PerMix PDI series High Speed Mixer, also called Mixer Granulator, Wet Granulator, or High Shear Mixer Granulator, is an efficient and versatile blending machine for mixing of dry powders, or granulating with the addition of liquid binder, within a very short time and with excellent cleaning abilities. It is able to give perfect result for mixing due to the innovative design of a central Impeller type mixer with a side high speed Chopper. The proven mixing action of the PerMix PDI series High Speed Mixer ensures effective mixing in may applications. Optimal performance is assured with dedicated designs of optional feeding, discharging and installation.
In a PerMix PDI High Speed Mixer, the powders are set in a multidimensional shear flow state and it needs only short mixing time until they are thoroughly mixed. In case that granulation is required, the spraying system sprays the binder solution into the bowl to agglutinate with the materials and under the combined action of the impeller and chopper, uniform and porous granules are produced. After finishing the mixing or granulation process, powders/granules are discharged through the side discharge with no “dead zone” valve.
PerMix PDI High Speed Mixer consists of two electrical motors, one reduction gear, coupling, and shafts with the two agitators. The shaft is sealed with special sealing, sometimes with air purge, in a way that there is limited contact between the material and the seal. Materials are loaded from top side, and the discharge is located at the bottom side. Due to the consistent modular design, the system can be configured individually and easily adapted to the constructional circumstances and specific requirements.
- Impellers Design: The Y-shaped rotor blade with special aerodynamic profile fluidizes the powder materials, leading to fast and homogeneous mixing together with the optimized high speed chopper.
- Feeding & Discharging: A variety of feeding & discharging arrangement can be selected by the customer.
- Liquid Adding: Liquid, either light or highly viscous, can be added into the working chamber by spray nozzles or special injector pipe from the top. PerMix provide jacketed hopper specially for adding of hot viscous liquid.
- Lid with Counter-weight and/or Air Cylinder: Standard PerMix PDI Mixer is equipped with a cover with counter-weight, manually operated; however pneumatic opening can be selected as an option for easy opening and closing to save labors.
- Heating/Cooling Jacket: Jacketed tank for heating/cooling operation is available; with temperature probe for control/ monitoring.
- Construction Material & Finish: We can offer our PDI Mixers with contact part to be built in 55304, 5316/316L, Titanium, Duplex stainless steel, Hastelloy, etc. Standard of internal and external finish can be adapted to the customer’s needs. For abrasive materials we offer hardened Stainless Steel as the contact part.
- Vacuum Drying & Deaerating: The PDI mixer can be designed for vacuum drying & deaerating or for inner pressure working for special applications.
- Some typical applications of a PerMix PDI series High
- Speed Mixer includes but not limited to:
- Food industry: Batters, Doughs for pastries, Flavours, Instant meals, Spice and herb mixtures, Sugar based confectionery tablets
- Chemical industry: Coloring of plastics, Master batches, Powder mixing with liquid addition, Powder paints
- Pharmaceutical industry: Granulate mixtures, Powder mixtures, Wet granulations
- Cosmetics industry Ceramic dental mixtures, Eye shadows, Face powders