Processing of liquid products often incorporates air and unwanted gases into the product. These gases normally cause problems such as oxidation, discoloration, inconsistency, bad smell and filling difficulties. PerMix PDA series Vacuum Deaerator, or Degasser, is a totally compact sanitary device designed for the continuous automatic removal of air or other occluded gases from any type of liquid or paste, by means of vacuum. PerMix Vacuum Deaerators can handle numerous processes including (but not limited to) the manufacturing of food products, cosmetics and chemicals, which requires to avoid air oxidation to ensure a correct preservation or application. End products can be sauces, fruit pulp, cosmetic creams, syrups, PVC dispersions, lubricants, car polish, shower gels, paraffin and penicillin emulsions, ice creams, adhesives, etc.
PerMix PDA series Vacuum Deaerating Machine starts to work by creating a high vacuum in the chamber (up to -0.95barG), and then the loading of product follows. In most cases, product can be sucked easily into the chamber by the vacuum without additional pump, however for product of high viscosity, or in order to control the feeding flow, an extra pump is necessary. The deaeration begins with the formation of a fine layer of product, which is distributed firstly on a high speed centrifugal disc with sieve(s) surrounding it. Depending on the product character and/or processing requirements, the sieve number can be from O to 3, with the sieve hole size also to be decided, typically from 1-3mm. The creation of fine layer under vacuum makes the air bubbles in the product burst and the product is then deaerated. When the product reaches the sieves and passes through the sieve holes, the product particles are subject to shearing, folding, particle size reduction, etc, which results in even better separation of air from product particles.
Away from the centrifugal disc, the product is then sprinkled in radial direction toward the chamber wall. It then stops there, flows by gravity, and forms another thin layer all over the wall below the centrifugal disc, continuing to be deaerated by the vacuum, and finally arrives at the discharge port. The deaerated product is then discharged by means of a positive displacement pump (screw pump, diaphragm pump or the other type).
PerMix PDA series Deaerators have a lot of features & options available including:
- Fully automated for “stand alone” operation with PLC control cabinet
- Explosion-proof construction for flammable product
- Pneumatic or electrical lifting or lowering of the top cover
- Speed of distributor plate infinitely adjustable
- Special level control for sensitive products
- Various vacuum systems available
- Higher pressure discharge pump
- Sanitary designs
- Jacket for heating or cooling
- Special materials of construction by Duplex SS, Titanium, Hastelloy, etc
- Portable design/on casters
PerMix Vacuum Deaerators can be used extensively in many applications including but not limited to:
- Baby Food, Chocolate Fillings, Chocolate Frostings,
- Creams, DessertToppings, Fruit Concentrates, Ketchup,
- Mayonnaise, Mustard Paste, Salad Dressings, Sauces
- Adhesives, Glues, Ink Dispersions, Detergents, Plastics,
- Slurries, Oils, Paint Dispersions, Varnishes
- Pharma & Cosmetics
- Creams, Emulsions, Gels, Lotions, Ointments, Shampoo,